With today's huge hard drives it becomes easy to accumulate very large collections of files. This becomes a problem when you realize that your collection of 89,571 files is full of duplicates... Sorting this manually would take weeks. TwinSeek however will help you speed this up significantly by comparing all the files in a directory and its subdirectories and will then show what ones are similar by a selected amount. It can then show some details on the files to help you decide which ones to keep, or TwinSeek can even delete, recycle or move all doubles with one button. TwinSeek can also used to provide a detailed comparison of the differences between two files and remove empty directories.
- Runs in one of two main modes; file comparison and directory comparison.
- Files and folders can be selected via selection boxes of via drag-and-drop.
- Long operations can be paused and resumed.
- All operations can be aborted at any time if they are taking too long.
- In this mode TwinSeek will compare the two files and show the differences, their position and size.
- At the end an overall percentage of sameness is shown.
- Can compare all files in a directory and its subdirectories, up to a maximum of 150,000 files.
- A quick mode is included as well that only compares files that are the exact same size.
- When using the quick mode TwinSeek can also generate a summary of each file to enable faster identification of twins.
- The degree of sameness that files must have prior to being classed as a twin can be altered.
- When TwinSeek is finished the total twins are shown, and you can then click on any name in the list and a comparison summary window is shown.
- From the summary window you can see their file sizes and last modification date, and you can choose to open them, delete them, or run a file comparison on them. Instead of Deleting, moving and recycling can also be performed on twins.
- TwinSeek can also delete all doubles that are 100% the same with one button press.
- Normally zero-sized files are ignored but this can disabled.
- While scanning a directory TwinSeek can be set to delete all empty ones automatically.
- Multi-user setups are supported and TwinSeek will run without any problems on a low privilege system and Windows Vista.
- No system settings are changed by TwinSeek.
- TwinSeek is written in 100% Assembly Language and is very small and memory efficient. The program itself is around 55KB!
- TwinSeek can be easily run as a portable app from, for example, a USB key; it does not even need to be installed! Simply select "Extract" from the installer and then copy "TwinSeek.exe" wherever you want! Our installer also supports installation on Window Vista without UAC prompts, as well as installation on low privilege logins.
30 day 100% Money-Back Guarantee!
30 Day Unlimited Free Trial!